The Leadership minor provides students with leadership strategies that enable them to create and nurture partnerships on a personal, organizational, and public level. The program cultivates an understanding of ethical leadership and leadership theoretical frameworks. Through opportunities to practice current leadership strategies, students will learn how to participate, educate and affect their communities.
- To increase knowledge of leadership theory and practices.
- To develop effective leadership skills.
- To cultivate leadership skills to effectively participate in their communities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theory.
- Understand ethical leadership on a personal, professional and public level.
- Discuss and assess current leadership issues.
- Develop the skills to create and nurture partnerships that foster growth within their communities.
- Engage in effective leadership practices within their community.
Requirements for a Minor in Leadership
All of the following:
|LDR115||Philosophy and Ethics of Leadership||3|
One from each of the following groups, including at least one at the 300-level:
|Leadership Communication Skills|
|COM310W||Advanced Speech Writing and Presentation||3|
|COM311W||Messages and Meanings||3|
|ENG316W||Rhetoric and Scholarship||3|
|BUA312W||Business Ethics and Social Responsibility||3|
|EVS151||Introduction to Environmental Science & Policy||3|
|HIS220||History of Environmental Policy||3|
|REL341||History of Religion in America||3|
|PHI/PSC 320W||Political and Social Philosophy||3|