Mark your calendars: Portraits of Southern France Viking River Cruise
June 11–19, 2016
Sail the scenic Saone and Rhone Rivers past some of the most beautiful vistas of France’s countryside. During your 8-day journey, explore the famed region of Beaujolais and the colorful fields of Provence.
- Visit Gallo-Roman ruins in Vienna. Stroll the cobbled streets of Arles that inspired Vincent van Gogh
- Visit Avignon, the “City of Popes”
- Learn about the region’s time-honored wine-making traditions, sample Beaujolais varietals and try world-famous regional cuisine in Lyon.
- Extend your cruise with three nights in Paris
Included in your 8-day cruise tour package:
- Starts at $4799 per person (cruise-only pricing also available)
- Round-trip transportation and airfare from Central IL to O’Hare
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- 7-night cruise in a river view stateroom on the beautiful Viking Buri
- All meals onboard the vessel
- Complimentary house wine, beer, coffee, tea or soft drinks with every dinner
- Complimentary coffee and tea available throughout the day
- 7 Guided sightseeing tours, fully hosted by English-speaking guides
- An experienced Cruise Manager and attentive, all English-speaking staff
- All taxes on included features
Evening at Millenium Park
Dreaming of Summer? Make plans now to join alumni and friends for the 3rd annual Evening at Millenium Park with an outdoor concert at Pritzker Pavillion on Friday evening, July 8. Alumni will meet at 7:15 pm near the Bean and enjoy an open air concert in first class seating.
Titled “A Cole Porter Celebration,” the show includes conductor Kevin Stites leading the Grant Park Orchestra and Chorus and guest soloists through the works of the legendary and witty composer/lyricist, Cole Porter.
March 18–28, 2017
Explore Seville, Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Granada, Cordoba and Toledo with Eureka College Alumni and Friends.
Experience Spain’s colorful pageant of art, history and culture. Set against a backdrop that spans sunny Mediterranean shores and grand mountain ranges, this stunning destination is dotted with white pueblos, groves of oranges and olives. Explore the priceless treasures of the Royal Palace, Europe’s 2nd largest palace. Visit the exotic and expansive Alhambra palace, resplendent with Moorish regal flair. See the Cathedral of Seville, the 3rd largest in the world. Enjoy reserved seating at a flamenco show and feel the passion of this famous dance. Explore Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Granada, Cordoba and Toledo. Become part of an authentic “paella experience,” and learn how this rice dish is made and where it originated. Marvel at Valencia’s “City of Arts & Sciences.” See how precious lladro figurines are made by hand. View Antonio Gaudi’s architectural masterpieces, including La Sagrada Famila. Spain beckons. Read an overview or get the full details.