Kelleher’s Irish Pub
Memorials of War: Normandy & Paris with Optional 3-Night London Post Tour Extension
March 17–26, 2015
Spring Training Weekend
Prague, Budapest and Vienna
June 15–25, 2015
2014–15 basketball events
The Eureka College Alumni Office has planned several events throughout the Men’s and Women’s 2014–15 basketball seasons. The first semester events are listed below. Please plan to come out to these events planned for all of our alumni to enjoy and show their Red Devil pride!
EC’s Celebration of March Madness
- March 13, 2015
- 5–6:30 pm, Kelleher’s Irish Pub, Peoria
- For more information contact the Eureka College Alumni Office at 877.892.7823
EC Alumni and Friends International Travel Opportunity: Memorials of War: Normandy and Paris with Optional 3-Night London Post Tour Extension, March 17–26, 2015
Join us for a moving tour that marks the 70th anniversary of the epic D-Day landings. See Paris through the eyes of those who survived its occupation and liberation. At the Normandy coast, visit Rommel’s castle headquarters and the Caen Memorial Peace Museum. Explore the landmarks of D-Day, including the Pointe Du Hoc Ranger Memorial and the parachute-shaped Airborne museum in the town of St. Mere Eglise. Look out over the beaches whose code names echo through history – Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha, and Utah. Along the way discover the culture of Northern France at Chartres and come to know the stories of the men and women who gave so much in the name of freedom.
- Embark on a city tour of Paris and learn about life during the German Occupation.
- Visit Omaha Beach, Omaha Memorial Museum and the U.S. Military Cemetery.
- Explore the 11th century Le Mont St, Michel, one of the most beautiful abbeys in France.
- Visit the Caen Memorial Peace Museum, built to commemorate the Battle of Normandy.
Highlights: Paris Vel d’Hiv Memorial, Eiffel Tower Dinner, Normandy, Memorial Peace Museum, D-Day Landing Beaches, St. Mere Eglise, Bayeux Tepestry, le Mont St. Michel, and Chartres Cathedral. The trip lasts 10 days, and includes 13 meals (8 breakfast and 5 dinners), for a total cost of $4,249.
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today! For more information, contact Shellie Schwanke, Director of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or 309-467-6316.
EC Alumni and Friends International Travel Opportunity: Prague, Budapest and Vienna in June 2015
The Alumni Office has announced plans for their next international travel opportunity, slated for June 15–25, 2015.
Trip Highlights include
- Prague, Hradcany Castle, Prague Folklore Dinner and Show, Cesky Krumlov, Vienna, Schoenbrunn Palace, Grinzing Evening, Danube River Cruise, Bratislava, Budapest Matthias Church, Fisherman’s Bastion, Szentendre Renaissance Dinner
- 11 Days, 14 Meals – 9 Breakfasts/5 Dinners
- Per Person Rates: Double $4,249; Single $5,049; Triple $4,219
- Includes air and taxes and transportation to and from Chicago O’Hare
Please contact the Alumni Office at 877-892-7823 for more information.
Spring Training Weekend in Arizona Slated for March 2015
Eureka College Alumni will gather again for the 2nd annual Spring Training Weekend in Phoenix, Arizona, March 26-28, 2015 for White Sox games at Camelback Ranch. The Alumni Office has secured tickets for the March 26th Sox v. Dodgers game and the March 28th Sox v. Oakland A’s game. March 27 is open for alumni to attend a game of their choosing. More details about these events will be in future Maroon & Gold e-newsletters.
For more information, email the Alumni Office or call 877-892-7823.
Alumni Weekend 2015
Alumni Weekend has a little something for everyone! This year’s highlights include: 50 Year Reunion Celebration of the Class of 1965* and the 4th Annual Run with Reagan 5K Race & 1 Mile Walk, a special presentation by Professor Loren Logsdon, and more.