Impressions is Eureka College’s student publication, and accepts submissions from students, faculty, staff, and alumni in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, short plays, visual arts, and photography.
Impressions Submission Criteria
For All Submissions:
- Submission Dates: November 13, 2012 – February 14, 2013
- The author’s name should appear on the first page of each submission.
- With your submission, please include a few sentences about yourself to be used in the contributor’s notes section should your piece be published. Please limit to no more than 70 words.
For Text Submissions (stories, poems, short plays, non-fiction):
- Format all submissions using Times New Roman font, 12-point, and 1 inch margins on all sides, free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- As much as is possible, double-space text.
- Please note that there is no rating on submissions, all will be accepted for consideration.
- Email submissions individually as .doc or .docx Microsoft Word file attachments to: email@example.com.
- Stories: Send no more than two stories, up to 10 double-spaced pages.
- Poems: Send only 1-4 poems per submission. Do not send more than 2 poems if longer than 2 double-spaced pages each.
- Short Plays: Send no more than one play per submission, up to 10 double-spaced pages.
- Non-Fiction: Send only one essay per submission, up to 10 double-spaced pages.
All Graphic Arts Submissions (photographs of artwork or photographs):
- Graphic Arts: Paintings, photographs, comics, and drawings are welcome.
- Please send digital images of all artwork.
- Email high resolution (300 dpi or better) JPEG files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All photographs and visual art submissions may be printed as black and white.
Text and Graphic Arts submissions from previous semesters will be accepted for consideration.
Join the Eureka College Impressions Facebook group for updates!