3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Festival at Eureka College
Scripts are now being accepted for the Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Festival to be presented November 20-21 by Eureka College and the Peoria Live Theatre League. All Illinois High School students are eligible to enter. All scripts must be new unproduced works. Six scripts will be selected as winners and produced by Eureka College.
- Submission deadline: Must be e-mailed or postmarked by July 1, 2015
- Evaluation period: Now through July 4, 2015
- Authors notified: July 5, 2015
- Selections announced: By September 15, 2015
- Performance dates: November 20-21 (2 evenings)
- Notification of scripts received will be made by July 5, 2015
- Notification of script chosen will be made by September 15, 2015
- The six selected plays will be staged in November 2015 at Pritchard Theatre in Eureka College
There is no fee to enter this competition
Eureka College will produce six scripts written by Illinois High School students. The six plays will be selected from all entries in the following categories:
- Class of 2015: 1 script
- Class of 2016: 1 script
- Class of 2017: 1 script
- Class of 2018: 1 script
- At-Large: 2 scripts
In the event that no scripts from a class are submitted, another at-large script will be chosen. All student scripts are eligible for selection in the student’s class rank and the At-Large openings.
We are dedicated to producing original works, and if we have the resources to produce more than six plays, we will select more than two At-Large scripts.
- You must be a high school student in Illinois.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished 10-minute plays.
- There is no limit to number of plays that an individual may submit.
- Production requirements should be feasible. Since the winning plays will be produced, no play considered technically un-producible will be considered.
- Recommended maximum number of characters per play is four.
- Running time is to be 10 minutes or less, which may mean 6-10 pages depending upon the density of dialogue. Authors are responsible for submitting work that is within the 10 minute running time limit. Cuts will be requested of the playwright for any selected play which runs over the limit regardless of the number of pages in the script.
- Mailed scripts must be typed/word-processed, numbered, and stapled.
- Scripts cannot be returned. Eureka College and the Peoria Live Theatre League assume no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
- We are unable at this time to provide feedback to playwrights regarding their work.
Mail 2 copies of each script to:
c/o Marty Lynch
Eureka, IL 61530-1500
Send a digital copy of the script to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, write Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Festival.
The selection of directors, actors and designers for the selected plays is at the sole discretion of Eureka College. An author may participate in the process if participation is requested by the producing companies or the director selected for the project. Entry of a script into this festival grants to Eureka College the right to produce the entered play only for this specific event in November 2015 and authors retain all rights to their work for future production or publication. Authors, if their play is selected for production, grant to Eureka College and the Peoria Live Theatre League the right to use their name, biographical information and photo for purposes of publicity and marketing during the period Aug 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com