Eureka College Campus Collection
- Over 80,000 books and materials.
- Current subscriptions to nearly 300 periodicals.
- Backfiles of more than 550+ periodical titles.
- 15 daily and weekly newspapers.
- American Periodical Series – a microfilm collection consisting of over 72 rolls of microfilm of documents from Colonial times to years prior to the Civil War.
- College archives
- Melick Library Online Library Catalog – lists the holdings for Melick Library.
- I-Share Libraries catalog – A combined catalog of the 80 CARLI member libraries in Illinois. Materials in the catalog that are not held at Melick can be requested via Interlibrary loan and monitored via the My Account feature.
- Local Public Library Catalog- The RSA database offers patrons a listing of library holdings for members of the RAILS Library System. These books may be requested via interlibrary loan or books may be obtained through the Eureka Public Library in particular with the possession of a Public Library courtesy card.
- WorldCat – international database providing citations and abstracts for books. Materials listed in the database can be borrowed via interlibrary loan.
- Lexis-Nexis, JSTOR, and EBSCOhost contain several periodicals databases that provide citations, abstracts, and full text articles in journal, magazines, and newspapers. Articles for which the full text is not available can be borrowed via interlibrary loan.
Print and Microfilm Collection
Melick Library currently subscribes to over 300 journals, magazines, and newspapers in print and microfilm. See the Periodicals and Index Holdings List in the reference and periodicals areas for a complete listing of titles and indexes for print resources.
In addition to onsite periodical holdings, the library has access to full text articles through several online databases. Title lists for these databases are available online and at the reference computer tables and can be searched using the E-Journal A-Z tool on the library’s databases page.