Burrus Dickinson 101
Office Hours: 8am–4pm
Eureka, IL 61530-1500
Toll Free: (800) 548-9144
Business Office Contacts
Vice President of Finance and Facilities
Chief Financial Officer
Human Resources Coordinator
Student Account Manager
Senior Compliance Accountant
- Personal checks may be cashed at the Business Office ($100 limit) and at the Bookstore ($25 limit)
- Eureka College student employee payroll checks can be cashed at Heartland Bank and Trust (branches throughout Eureka). A Eureka Student ID and valid ID is required (drivers license)
- Tuition, Fees, Room, Board and other charges are invoiced through the Business Office by the Student Account Manager. (Exception: books or supplies purchased at the Eureka College Bookstore must be paid for at the time of purchase).
- Monthly statements are mailed whenever there is a balance due on the student’s account except if payment is being made to Tuition Management Systems and is current.
Payment of Student Accounts
- In Person – at the Business Office located in Burrus Dickinson Hall. (Cash, Checks, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted)
- By Mail – can send check or money order. This may take a few business days to be received and processed.
- By Phone – call the Business Office at 1-800-548-9144
- Online – by going through a Eureka College student SONIS account – PayPal account. (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted.)
- In Full – charges are due and payable in full 5 working days prior to the first day of class of the semester.
- Two Payments
Fall Semester: half of the balance due August 20, 2014 and remaining half due October 1, 2014;
Spring semester: half of balance due January 13, 2015 and remaining due March 1, 2015.
- Monthly Payment Plan – payment plans are offered in cooperation with Tuition Management Service (TMS). Plan options are available in 12, 10, or 9 monthly payments. Students/families must sign up with TMS by August 20, 2014 by notifying TMS at 1-888-713-7234 or online at eureka.afford.com. There is a $65 enrollment fee for the 2014/15 school year. For further information, contact the Eureka College Business Office.
- Loans – Personal loan from a financial institution, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford loan, PLUS loan, Alternative loan.
- Finance Charges will be assessed to all accounts greater than 30 days outstanding, except for Students and Parents participating in TMS.
- The rate is 12% annually.
- $100 late fee assessed at 7 days past due.
- The assessment will continue until the balance is paid in full.
Student Accident & Medical Insurance
ALL students are required to carry personal health insurance. Students are required to waive out or enroll in the Eureka College student insurance plan by going online to firststudent.com, select Eureka College and click on either “Enroll Now-Health Insurance” or “Waive your School’s Health Insurance.”
If the student is covered by a personal health and accident insurance policy, the student does not need to purchase the College sponsored insurance plan, however is required to complete and submit an Insurance Waiver Form online at firststudent.com.
If the student is not covered by a personal health and accident insurance policy the student is required to purchase the College’s Plan by completing and submitting an Insurance Enrollment form online at firststudent.com. The premium for the plan will be added to your tuition bill. Once enrolled, there are no refunds or cancellations except entry into the armed forces.
The annual premium cost for 2014–2015 for the Eureka College Student Insurance underwritten by UnitedHealthcare is $1475 for the period beginning August 1, 2014 and ending August 1, 2015. If you choose not to enroll by waiving out on-line before the enrollment deadline, you will not be eligible to enroll again until the following school year unless you experience a “qualifying life event” during the year. Spring/Summer coverage is only offered to new incoming Spring students. Visit firststudent.com for more information.
If at any time, your employer or insurance company requires “proof or verification of student status” please contact the Eureka College Records Office and they will process any and all appropriate documentation.
The NCAA requires students participating in inter-collegiate athletics to purchase additional insurance coverage. This coverage is mandatory for all Eureka College athletes. If a student is involved in more than one athletic program, the student does not have to pay a fee for each. The highest applicable Athletic Insurance fee will be posted to the student’s account and must be paid. Rates for the 2014/15 school year are estimated at this time and are subject to change upon the renewal policy: Football $250, Basketball/Soccer $150, All other sports $125.
Short-term Emergency Student Loans
Short-term student loans are provided to students in emergency situations, they are required to be repaid within two months or by the end of the current semester, whichever comes first.
There is an application process and a $1 processing charge.
Annual Audited Financial Statements and Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax
Audited financial information and informational tax return on the College may be requested through the Business Office at 309-467-6305 or in person.