Looking to set up a counseling appointment? Call Tazwood Center for Wellness at (309) 347-5522.
The best of care for Eureka’s best
A local contract with Advocate Eureka Hospital enables students to be seen by a physician on a limited basis. When necessary, referrals are made to local physicians. Each student must, upon enrollment, submit a detailed health history form for purposes of maintaining accurate medical records. This health history form is required prior to first registration at the College. In accordance with Illinois State law and College policy, students are required to have specific immunizations before enrollment.
Although Eureka College provides health service through a contract with Advocate Eureka Hospital, medical costs beyond contracted services are the responsibility of the student. Because current health care costs in some cases may be expensive, the College requires that all students show proof of insurance coverage prior to matriculation or accept the College’s approved insurance plan. Students competing in intercollegiate athletics are required to purchase athletic insurance specific to their individual sport regardless of current personal insurance coverage.
Eureka College Behavioral Health Care
Provided by Tazwood Center for Wellness
Seeing a professional counselor as a Eureka College student is easy and free. Counseling service is provided to both residential and commuter students. The service begins each year on Move-In Day in August and ends each year on Commencement Day in May.
Counselors are on hand to discuss a variety of issues: depression, stress, family problems, alcohol and other drug issues, anxiety, relationships, eating disorders, etc. Sometimes it simply helps to talk to someone who is removed from the situation.
- The service is completely confidential. The college doesn’t know who is using the service.
- Tazwood Center for Wellness will meet with students in a private location on campus. They will be available to hold sessions on the following days/times:
- Mondays 4:30-7:30pm
- Thursdays 12:15-2:15pm
- Call Tazwood Center for Wellness at (309) 347-5522 to set up an appointment.
- Identify yourself as a Eureka College student.
- Upon the first appointment, the counselor will do an assessment to see how many additional appointments will be needed. Additional appointments will be provided for free under the plan up to a certain point, which will be discussed as the need arises.