Important Notice: When using the Health Services at Advocate Eureka Hospital, YOU MUST show your college ID.
Hours: 6am–10pm, 7 days a week
There will be a $10 co-pay fee charged to the student’s account through the Business Office for each visit to the clinic.
The service runs the academic year.
All services between 10pm and 6am will be classified as Emergency Services and will not be covered by the college plan.
The best of care for Eureka’s best
A local contract with Advocate Eureka Hospital enables students to be seen by a physician on a limited basis. When necessary, referrals are made to local physicians. Each student must, upon enrollment, submit a detailed health history form for purposes of maintaining accurate medical records. This health history form is required prior to first registration at the College. In accordance with Illinois State law and College policy, students are required to have specific immunizations before enrollment.
Eureka College contracts with the Advocate Eureka Hospital for health clinic services. All students may use the clinic at Advocate Hospital, as long as x-rays and extensive lab work are not needed. There will be a co-pay fee charged to the student’s account through the Business Office for each visit to the clinic. The co-pay for 2014–15 school year will be $10.
Clinical Health Services provided by Advocate Eureka Hospital
- Hours: 6am–10pm, 7 days a week. The service runs the academic year. All services between 10pm and 6am will be classified as Emergency Services and will not be covered by the college plan.
- Assessment of all Eureka College students—residential or commuter.
- Treatment: Minor illness, injuries and emergencies (sore throat, rashes, injuries that do not require x-ray or other diagnostic tests). Referral will be made to the physician of choice for appropriate follow-up care when needed.
- Medications: Starter packs will be provided after pharmacies are closed for the day. Starter packs will be billed to the student by the college.
- Labs: CBC, urinalysis, strep cultures are provided when needed as part of the basic services. All other labs tests are billed to the student or their insurance.
- School Sport Physical: Must be paid by student at the time of service or the college will bill the student.
There is a co-pay fee for each visit to the Advocate Eureka Hospital under the college plan. The fee is $10 and will be billed to your student account in the EC Business Office.
The student or student’s insurance will be billed for all outpatient or emergency services outside of those listed above.
Payment for follow-up with a physician other than at the Health Services will be the responsibility of the student.
Students will be triaged, as are all Urgent Care patients. Those requiring the most emergent care will be treated for first. You may be required to wait, but you will be cared for as quickly as possible.
Although Eureka College provides health service through a contract with Advocate Eureka Hospital, medical costs beyond contracted services are the responsibility of the student. Because current health care costs in some cases may be expensive, the College requires that all students show proof of insurance coverage prior to matriculation or accept the College’s approved insurance plan. Students competing in intercollegiate athletics are required to purchase athletic insurance specific to their individual sport regardless of current personal insurance coverage.