David Adams '66
Education: MA, Actuarial Mathematics, University of Michigan, 1968
BS, Mathematics, Eureka College, 1966
Company: ELCA Board of Pensions
Address: Minneapolis, MN
Mr. Adams is married to Marjory Brower Adams, also a member of Eureka College’ s Class of 1966. They have three married children and six grandchildren, all living in Minnesota. He enjoys sailing and watching sports.
- Treasurer, Carver-Scott Humane Society 2000-2016
- Actuary; worked for Willis Towers Watson as an employee benefit consultant and for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America’ s employee benefit program as Vice President, Products and Services
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries
- Volunteer, ELCA Global Mission as a retirement plan consultant to Lutheran church bodies in Africa and Jerusalem
UNIQUELY EUREKA EXPERIENCE
“For me, it is all about family, many of whom attended Eureka. I trace my family connection with Eureka College back over 125 years, to the late 1880s, when my great-grandmother, Mary Fordyce, enrolled at Eureka. Many others followed including both of my parents. My father served as a trustee for many years and my great uncle played football with Ronald Reagan.
As has been true of so many who have attended Eureka I received a very personal education. The combination of a math major and an English minor prepared me well for graduate school and a math-related career in insurance and pensions, where the ability to explain complex concepts was just as important as technical competence.”