Rev. Beau Underwood ’06
Senior Pastor, First Christian Church (DOC)
- PhD Student, Truman School of Public Affairs of the University of Missouri
- M.P.P, Harris School of Public Policy of the University of Chicago, 2010
- M. Div, Divinity School of the University of Chicago, 2010
- B.A., Political Science and History; Philosophy and Religion, Eureka College, 2006
- Since 2015, I have had the privilege of serving as the Senior Minister to the amazing people who call themselves the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Jefferson City, Missouri. Beyond the local church, I have also served as the board chair for Higher Education and Leadership Ministries (HELM) of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and as First Vice-Moderator of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) for the 2017-2019 biennium.
- I am involved with a variety of local organizations, charities, and social service agencies. These include our area United Way chapter and the Board of Governors of the Capital Region Medical Center.
- I am an avid White Sox fan and voracious reader. Proud husband of Casey and dad to Jesse.
Uniquely Eureka Experience:
- I was a transfer student when I came to Eureka and knew I wanted to go to graduate school, thus my
goal was to finish my undergraduate studies as quickly as possible. When first enrolling in courses, I had a meeting with my advisor, the Rev. Dr. Jerry McCoy. He understood my goals and spent the next two years
working with me on a plan to graduate in three years total. This involved a lot of summer classes at
a local community college and at least one independent study with him (which he was under no obligation to teach). That kind of investment by faculty into the lives of students doesn’t occur at a lot of places. It always happens at Eureka College.