The Special Education LBSI Endorsement program is designed with the practicing teacher in mind. Those with a valid Illinois teaching license are eligible to participate in this program, which will result in adding an LBSI Endorsement for the age and grade levels for which they are already licensed. For example, a teacher who is currently endorsed for grades 6-12 would earn an LBSI Endorsement for that same grade range, whereas a teacher with a license endorsed for grades K-12 would have an LBSI Endorsement valid for K-12.
Why add an LBSI Endorsement at Eureka College?
- Improve your security and marketability
- Better serve all of the students in your classroom
- Earn 13 graduate-level credits
- Classes meet one night per week throughout the fall and spring
- Start in Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Join a group that meets at Eureka College, or recruit colleagues to have a group hosted in your district
- The entire program costs only $5,200 (plus applicable books and fees).
Schedule / Coursework
New groups and individuals may begin at any point in the cycle (Fall, Spring, or Summer).
|SPE501||Characteristics of Exceptional Learners||5/14/2019 – 6/18/2019||3|
|SPE441||Classroom Adaptations for Learners with Moderate to Severe Disabilities||6/25/2019 – 8/13/2019||3|
|SPE502||Explicit Instruction in the Content Areas||8/2019 – 12/2019||3|
|SPE504||Diagnosis and Evaluation of Students with Disabilities||1/2020 – 5/2020||3|
|SPE499A/B||Practicum||Taken alongside last Fall or Spring course||1|
Mrs. Whitney Carver
Director of Special Education
Burklund Education Center
300 East College Ave.
Eureka, IL 61530
Mr. Chris Robinson
Transfer Coordinator / Asst. Dean of Admissions
Office of Admissions
300 E. College Ave.
Eureka, IL 61530