The Eureka College Honors Program Elevates Your Learning
Learn broadly and think deeply in our honors program.
Learning Broadly means exploring a wide array of topics, considering the relationships between them and engulfing your academic experience in curiosity and openness. Through your Honors Seminars, you will study topics as diverse as the workings of the American prison system, bioethics and even superheroes.
Thinking Deeply allows you to delve deeply into a question or topic you truly care about. By the time you have completed your project, you will be the campus expert on that topic. Whether it is the social commentaries embedded in zombie movies, or how public health can help under-served communities in Peoria, spend your time on a topic that matters to you.
- For incoming freshman, eligibility is based on several academic considerations.
- ACT of at least 27 and in the top 10% of your high school gives you automatic eligibility.
- Students who do not meet this criteria, but have strong academic records may also be eligible.
- The top 15% of the freshman class is invited to join as a sophomore
- Honors sections of academic writing and western civilization I & II
- Three one-credit Honors seminars
- Over the course of the last three semesters at Eureka, students earn a total of 5 credits for their Honors theses.
- Students must maintain a 3.50 GPA and complete a few additional course requirements within the General Education curriculum
- Students may leave the program at any time