- Eureka College ID cards serve as the library card.
- ID cards must be presented to check out or renew library materials at the desk.
- Any materials checked out on a user’s ID card are the responsibility of the ID card holder.
- All overdue fines, losses, etc. incurred are the responsibility of the ID card holder.
- Lost cards should be reported to the Circulation Desk to cancel the card’s registration.
- Return library materials to the Circulation desk or through the book depository located at the front of the library building to the right of the main doors.
- See the Student Handbook for complete policy information.
- Circulating books, records, and tapes: Due 4 weeks after check-out.
- Interlibrary Loans: Due 4 weeks after checkout unless otherwise indicated.
- Reserve Materials:
- Restricted Reserve – two hours, in-library circulation only.
- Regular Reserve – 24 hour circulation period.
- Two-day reserve – 48 hour circulation period.
- Reference Books: Do not circulate.
- Periodicals: Do not circulate.
- Vertical File materials: Circulate for one week.
- Videos/DVDs: Circulate for one week.
- Materials may be renewed twice unless a member of the College community or the library places a recall on the materials.
- Interlibrary Loan materials may be renewed at the discretion of the lending library. Please request renewals in advance to allow time for the lending library to be contacted.
- You may renew by phone, in person, or via internet through the online catalog’s My Account feature.
- Ten cents per day for books and records from the open stacks.
- Twenty-five cents per hour for reserve materials.
- Fifty cents per day for interlibrary loans, videos, and vertical file materials.
- If the fine is paid at the time the overdue material is returned, the fine will be reduced by half.
- If the library materials are declared lost, the student will be charged the current replacement cost of the material ($40.00 for books, $90 for dvd/vhs), plus a processing fee of $10.00 per item and the accrued fines.
- At the end of each semester, all library materials must be returned or paid for if lost, and all fines must be paid. Returning students will not be allowed to register for the next semester until they clear their record with the library. Exiting students will have a hold placed on their transcripts until they settle outstanding obligations. Graduating seniors must settle outstanding accounts or they will not be allowed to participate in graduation.
Books and journal articles not available in Melick Library may be borrowed from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan when appropriate. Journal articles may be requested through some online databases such as EBSCOhost and WorldCat, or e-mailed to the Interlibrary Loan department. Books and audio visuals may be requested through the I-Share or WorldCat catalogs.
Articles received will be delivered via e-mail to Eureka College patrons. Books and A/V materials will be process and placed behind the Circulation Desk for patrons to pick up. Patrons will receive an email notifying them of an interlibrary loan receipt.
Eureka College is a member of the CARLI consortium which includes 90 academic libraries in the state of Illinois. For a complete list of CARLI member libraries click here.
Materials can be checked out of CARLI libraries (including Illinois State University, Bradley University, Heartland Community College, Illinois Central College, and the University of Illinois) with the Eureka College ID card. Contact a library staff member for more information.
Eureka College students may obtain a courtesy patron library card at the Eureka Public Library in order to access their materials. There is a maximum of ten items that may be charged at a time and students are subject to their circulation policies.
Similarly, Eureka Public Library cardholders may create an account at Melick Library to use our resources and public access computers.
A professional librarian is available to offer research assistance Monday 12:00-4:00 PM, Tuesday through Friday between 8:00 AM-4:00 PM and Monday evenings from 6:00-9:00 PM during the regular school year. Most questions are answered on a drop-in basis, but individual appointments may be set up by contacting Public Services Librarian Kelly Fisher at email@example.com or 309-467-6892. If no one is at the Reference Desk, please ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk.