Why a leadership Institute?
Leadership is an integral component of Eureka College’s institutional DNA. Forty-two college presidents, seven governors/members of Congress and the 40th President of the United States have graduated from Eureka College. Eureka’s Mission and Vision statements cite leadership development as an outcome of learning and service. Servant leadership is a College Core Value.
About the Leadership Institute
The focus of the Leadership Institute is on leadership development during the college years. Resources on the website include:
- From the Desk of Dr. Arnold
- Reagan Leadership Legacy at Eureka College
- Resources on Collegiate Leadership Development
- 1. Leadership Programs at Eureka College
- 2. Leadership Programs at other Colleges and Universities
- 3. Undergraduate Leadership Course Syllabi
- 4. Research and Theory Publications about Leadership Development During the College Years
About Dr. J. David Arnold
Dr. J. David Arnold served as the 26th President of Eureka College in Eureka, Ill. for 11 years. He now serves as Chancellor and Professor of Psychology, focused on the development of Eureka’s new Leadership Institute.