We Understand the Need for a Change
College is a time of discovery—and sometimes you discover that a different school is what you need. With small classes, excellent academics and a close-knit community with a rich heritage and tradition, Eureka College offers an unmatched environment for you to thrive. Whether transferring from a junior college or another four-year school, you will have access to the same scholarship levels and opportunities as students who started at EC as freshmen. Now that is Uniquely Eureka!
Important Transfer Student Information
- Transfer Students should have transferable GPA of at least 2.0. A transcript evaluation will determine your transferable GPA.
- Credits require a grade of “C” or better in transferable courses from recognized colleges and universities.
- Transfer students who have earned less than 24 transferable semester hours will be evaluated based on high school work and ACT/SAT results in addition to college work completed.
- Transfer students who have earned more than 24 transferable semester hours will be evaluated for admission based on college work alone.
- Eureka College is part of the Illinois Articulation Initiative which has outlined a common set of transferable general education requirements.
- Courses taken under this agreement will transfer to Eureka and satisfy specific requirements toward your baccalaureate degree.
- Eureka College will accept up to 68 hours of credit from two-year institutions. Students entering with 68 credits or a completed Associate’s degree will enter the Junior class.
- Eureka College will accept up to 94 hours of credit from four-year institutions.
For more information about transferring to Eureka College please see our Transfer Handbook. Inside you’ll find a suggested 2- year community college course schedule, mock Eureka College degree audits, and more!
Already at a community college? See if your Community College Course Equivalency Guide is below.
Course equivalencies will be handled personally by your Admissions team and the Registrar’s Office.