Alumni Services & Opportunities to Give Back
Career Development and Alumni Partnerships
Connect with alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of Eureka College through the Eureka College Alumni Group through LinkedIn.
Career Mentoring/Volunteer Program
Register to be a Career Mentor by filling out the form through this link: Alumni Mentor and/or Volunteer Interest Form or contact the office of Career Development directly at 309-467-6431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the Career Mentoring Program is to help Eureka College students and alumni connect with professionals with experience in their career field of interest. Students and alumni will be able to search the database by industry, job title, city/state, etc. for mentor contact information and will contact you directly by email should there be a match. Respond with your how you wish to be contacted (phone number and/or email address) and expressing your gratitude for their interest.
Some questions that might be asked of you:
- Where do you work and what do you really do?
- How did you get this job?
- How did you get your first job in the field?
- How did Eureka College prepare you for this type of work?
- Does it require any specialized education or graduate training?
- What advice would you give someone looking for this type of job?
- What would a typical first job in this field be today?
- Can you suggest someone else with whom I can have an informational conversation?
- Would it be possible to “shadow” you at work for a day or two, so I can get a sense of day-to-day activities?
Visit Kelly Bay in the Career Development office in the Cerf Center (309) 467-6431 to learn more.
Alumni Career Development Services
If you graduated from Eureka College and need career services, the office of Career Development is a resource you can use! Any current or former Eureka College students are welcome to utilize the Career Development services. Contact the office for assistance with career counseling, resume creation and updates, cover letter assistance, career searches, job applications, career changes, and more. We can provide up to date information to help you make informed decisions about your next career move. Contact us for more information or to set up an appointment.
Internship or Job Postings
If you or your organzation have internship or job postings available for students, please email them directly to Kelly Bay, Director of Career Development at email@example.com and THANK YOU in advance for thinking of Eureka College students.