Continuing partnerships: alumni partner with students & students partner with alumni
Connect with alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of Eureka College through the Eureka College Alumni Group through LinkedIn.
Career Mentoring Program
Register with our new online Career Mentoring Program through EC Career Link.
The purpose of the Career Mentoring Program is to help Eureka College students and alumni connect with professionals with experience in their career field of interest. Students and alumni will be able to search the database by industry, job title, city/state, etc. for mentor contact information and will contact you directly by email should there be a match. Respond with your how you wish to be contacted (phone number and/or email address) and expressing your gratitude for their interest.
Some questions that might be asked of you:
- Where do you work and what do you really do?
- How did you get this job?
- How did you get your first job in the field?
- How did Eureka College prepare you for this type of work?
- Does it require any specialized education or graduate training?
- What advice would you give someone looking for this type of job?
- What would a typical first job in this field be today?
- Can you suggest someone else with whom I can have an informational conversation?
- Would it be possible to “shadow” you at work for a day or two, so I can get a sense of day-to-day activities?
Visit Kelly Harris in Career Services (467-6420 in VB 24) or Shellie Schwanke in Alumni Relations (467-6316 in Burrus Dickinson) to learn more.