- Over 90,000 books and a/v materials.
- Current subscriptions to nearly 300 periodicals.
- Backfiles of more than 500 periodical titles.
- Local and national newspapers.
- American Periodical Series – a microfilm collection consisting of over 72 rolls of microfilm of documents from Colonial times to years prior to the Civil War.
- College Archives and Special Collections
- Mark R. Shenkman Ronald W. Reagan Research Center
Print and Microfilm
Melick Library currently subscribes to over 300 journals, magazines, and newspapers in print and microfilm. See the online catalog or Periodicals and Index Holdings List in the reference and periodicals areas for a complete listing of titles of print periodical resources.
In addition to onsite periodical holdings, the library has access to full text articles through several online databases including Lexis-Nexis, JSTOR, and EBSCOhost. These databases provide citations, abstracts, and full text articles from journal, magazines, and newspapers. Articles for which the full text is not available can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan. Individual title lists for these databases are available online and can be searched using the E-Journal A-Z tool on the library’s databases page.
- Melick Library Catalog – lists monographs and journals in both hard copy and electronic formats.
- I-Share Catalog – A combined catalog of over 85 CARLI member libraries in Illinois. Materials in the catalog that are not held at Melick can be requested via Interlibrary loan and monitored via the My Account feature.
- Local Public Library Catalog– The RSA database offers patrons a listing of library holdings for members of the RAILS Library System. These books may be requested via interlibrary loan or books may be obtained through the Eureka Public Library in particular with the possession of a Public Library courtesy card.
- WorldCat – An international database providing citations and abstracts for books. Materials listed in the database can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan.