International Student Forms

Click on a form title to learn more about the policies and procedures for using the form and to download a PDF copy for printing. All forms are also available in your PDSO's office. Please feel free to contact the PDSO if you have any questions.

International Student Forms

Address Confirmation

Immigration regulations state that F-1 Students must report any change in address, phone number, email address, or name within 10 days of the change. Please use this form to update those items. For addresses: be sure to include your residence hall and room number if you are living on campus.


 Download Form 

Request for Reduced Course Load

F-1 Students must register for a full course load every fall and spring semester. The minimum number of credit hours you may take is 12 (twelve) credit hours. Students who fall below 12 credit hours are subject to termination in the SEVIS system for failure to maintain status.

Reduced course loads (RCL) must be requested by the student, recommended by the Faculty Advisor, and approved by the Coordinator of International Student Services. Please note: there are only three circumstances for which you may request a RCL, some of which require official documentation in addition to the form below.

  • Academic difficulties

  • Documented medical condition

    • You must provide documentation from a licensed medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy or a licensed clinical psychologist

  • You are in your last semester before graduation and you need less than 12 hours to graduate.

Please see the PDSO if you have any questions.


 Download Form 

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Application

Curricular Practical Training at Eureka College includes internships and other required practica that are a required part of your degree curriculum. Only F-1 students are eligible for CPT, as you must be enrolled for an entire academic year before you are eligible to apply for CPT.

If you are completing an internship for credit, you must fill out the internship agreement form, which you can pick up in the Career Development Office. Additionally, all international students will need to fill out the form below, have it signed by your faculty advisor, and return to the Coordinator of International Student Services.

Please note, if you complete 12 months of full-time CPT, you will become ineligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT) after you graduate. You are required to remain in status while completing CPT. Additionally, you may not begin your CPT without authorization from the Coordinator of International Student Services.


 Download Application 

Optional Practical Training (OPT) Application

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is available to F-1 students while completing their program of study, or upon completion of their program.

You may be eligible for OPT if:

  • You have been enrolled at Eureka College for an entire academic year.

  • Your proposed employment relates to your major area of study.

  • You have not used all of the practical training available (12 months).

  • You have not been authorized for 12 months or more of full-time Curricular Practical Training (CPT).

If you’d like to apply for OPT, please fill out the form below, have it signed by your faculty advisor, and return to the PDSO.


 Download Application 

Request for Program Extension

F-1 Students may request a program extension if you have continuously maintained status throughout the duration of your current program, and the delay is caused by a documented academic or medical reason. To request an extension, please print and fill out the form below. In addition to the form, you will be required to present up-to-date bank certification letters showing evidence of financial support for the extension. These letters must be printed out on official bank letterhead and signed by a bank official.


 Download Form 

Employment Authorization

On-campus employment is a benefit of F-1 status. If you have been offered a job on campus, you must fill out the form below with your supervisor and return it to the PDSO.

Please note that there are limits to the amount of hours you are allowed to work on-campus (20 hours). The total hours of all your on-campus jobs cannot go over the limit. Additionally, you may not begin work until you have received a social security number and authorizations from our office as well as Human Resources.


Lastly, please remember, when you work in the United States, you will be required to obtain a social security number and pay taxes on your income.


 Download Form 


Here’s a short guide to help you learn how to obtain a social security number. If you  have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.


 SSN Guide