Become a Cybersecurity Professional
Online Classes Available Now!
What is it and Who is it For?
The Cybersecurity Certificate at Eureka College is an aligned NIST/NICE standards cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a high in-demand and lucrative career path.
The Cybersecurity Certificate is for anyone interested in becoming a cybersecurity professional. No prior knowledge or experience required. This program at Eureka College covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries.
Graduates of the certificate program are permitted to take either the Cyber First Responder (CFR) certificate exam or the Security+ certification exam. Graduates will also receive a completion certificate.
Cybersecurity cohort sessions:
- Start Nov 7 -- Tuesdays & Fridays from 5 - 9 p.m. CST
- 2024 Cohorts will be in February, May, August, and November.
With the rate of Cyber attacks reaching record highs, there is an urgent need for workers in cybersecurity. The field has had 0% unemployment for nearly a decade and forecasts 35% job growth through 2031. With plentiful opportunities and competitive compensation, the best way to gain the skills necessary to fill these positions is through an accelerated Cybersecurity Bootcamp.
How Does it Work?
The Cybersecurity Certificate was developed around Israeli military training methodologies and hands-on learning.
- Part Time, 6 months: Classes meet online twice a week, 4 hours each day, from 5-9 pm CST.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
Once registered, students will be provided an access code to get into the LMS. There will be a 20-hour required pre-work assignment due before the start date of the class. Unless prior arrangements are made, students must pay before the class begins. No refunds will be provided after the start of the class. Detailed syllabus available by request.
- 2024 Classes, facilitated by ThriveDX, are a one-time cost of $6,500.00.
As part of the Hired! IT Workforce Accelerator Program,
students who live in and/or work in an eligible county
may qualify for free tuition.
- Cohort-based with daily meetings and learning objectives
- Curriculum aligned with National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Access to ThriveDX Cyber Experts for Q&A
- Guidance on job searching and resume building
After Bootcamp Role and Readiness
- 9 months of continued access to Thrive DX’s online learning platform, including ongoing training covering emerging cyber threats
- Connection to our alumni and career network
- Career readiness for the most in-demand entry-level cybersecurity roles
- Salary information can be found on the U.S. Bureau of Labor employment and wage statistics website.