Melick Library will be open to Eureka College students, staff and faculty wearing masks only. We have the right to refuse service for those not wearing masks. Hours are subject to change.
Melick Library Hours
Summer 2021 Hours:
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. M-F
Mask Policy Update
Eureka College will operate under the below rules during the summer months effective immediately:
1) Individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear face coverings or practice physical distancing indoors or outdoors. Please note that individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
2) Individuals who are NOT fully vaccinated are required to wear a face covering indoors when they are unable to maintain the six-foot distancing requirement indoors.
Melick Library services, such as article request fulfillment and research assistance will remain available. I-SHARE availability may be more limited due to other libraries' closures. Please contact Kelly Fisher (email@example.com) for assistance.
WELCOME TO MELICK LIBRARY!
Melick Library was built in 1967 and was named for the Melick brothers, Clinton and Wesley, whose generous contribution made it all happen. It was dedicated on September 28, 1967 by Ronald Reagan, who was the governor of California at the time.
The library provides many of the traditional services and print resources, but is also the campus portal to the many licensed databases like EBSCOhost, JSTOR, and Nexis Uni which are available to students and faculty through our membership with the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI). Melick Library’s catalog and the I-SHARE catalog can be accessed 24/7. Eureka patrons may also search all of our articles in an article search and our catalogs and articles via an everthing search. Patrons may log into their library accounts here.
The I-SHARE catalog allows patrons to place requests for over 38 million materials from over 90 academic and research libraries throughout the state. Students can also access our licensed e-resources like EBSCOhost, JSTOR, & Nexis Uni from anywhere in the world using their EC network accounts. The library also supplies Libguides on topics such as Fake News to assist in Information Literacy and research education.
The library is also the location of the Mark R. Shenkman Reagan Research Center and College Archives. The Shenkman Center has a nearly comprehensive collection of published works, dissertations and Masters Theses on the life and career of Ronald Reagan.
Mon–Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun: Closed
Regular Reference Assistance Hours (when school is in session)
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Facilities and Services
Fully handicap accessible with an elevator located by the Circulation Desk and an entrance ramp located at the northeast corner of the building.
Located on the main floor, used for study and relaxation as well as special events such as receptions, art exhibits, and book reviews.
Photocopiers and Microfilm Reader/Printers
Located on the main floor near the staircase. Copies cost 5 cents each. Transparencies cost $1.00 each and may be purchased through the library.
Faxes may be sent for $1.00 flat fee payable at the circulation desk.
- The Computer Study Center, located in the lower level, contains 16 computers reserved for the use of Eureka College students, faculty, and staff.
- Reference area computers are open to the public. Reference computers contain access to the library’s online catalog, electronic book and journal databases, and world wide web access.
- There is no up-front charge to print information from the computers in the reference area and Computer Study Center. The cost of printing will be deducted from students’ individual printing accounts monitored by computer services. Public patrons may print at a cost of 5 cents a page.
Policies for equipment and Internet usage can be found on the policies page.