Marylean H. Abney
Retired, Director of Finance, Caterpillar
Education: MBA University of Illinois – 1991
BS Illinois State University – 1977
Company: Caterpillar Inc.
Address: Peoria, IL
Mrs. Abney is a native of Chicago. She and her husband, William, have one daughter, Tameka. Her hobbies include cross fit training, car racing, movies and time spent with family and friends.
- Past main partner of the University of Illinois-Chicago
- Member of Concerned African American Citizens in Peoria
- Mayor’s Council for a Better Peoria
- Peoria Promise Foundation engagement with community leaders, mentors and students.
- Member of the American Institute of Management Accountants
- President of the Peoria Promise Foundation
- Junior Achievement Advisory Council
- Peoria Symphony Orchestra Board
- Human Services Center Board
- Past chairman of the Citizen’s Equity Federal Credit Union (CEFCU) Board
UNIQUELY EUREKA EXPERIENCE
“I love the Mission – Eureka exists to cultivate excellence in learning, service and leadership. The focus on the whole person, not just the degree is uniquely Eureka compared to any other institution I’ve been involved with. My experience on campus with other trustees, administration, staff, professors, students and alums truly gives you a sense of community. I truly think Eureka can compete with Ivy League colleges and maybe could have saved me money by sending my daughter to Eureka vs. Harvard.”