Disciples of Christ Students
Eureka College has a historic and enduring relationship with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The strength of the relationship is unmistakable and clearly stated in the college’s strategic goal, “Eureka College will increase the presence of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) tradition in all areas of campus life and have EC recognized as one of the top three schools affiliated with the church.”
Students can participate in an alternative spring break trip dedicated to learning about various social justice issues around the world and volunteering to serve.
A Few of the Many Opportunities for Discipleship at EC:
- Disciples on Campus: An active student organization for Christian friendship,spiritual growth and servant-leadership
- Mission Trips: Weekend and Spring Break trips within/outside the U.S. for service-learning
- Summer Internships: Chaplain helps students locate summer ministry positions
- Regional, General, Ecumenical, Interfaith events
Disciples of Christ Scholarship Opportunities
This top-tier, competitive scholarship is awarded to first-time freshmen based on leadership, academic excellence, and the commitment to explore during college a life of faith-based servant leadership. Seminary-bound students are encouraged to apply, but all qualified DOC students with exceptional leadership and service will be equally considered. Applicants should have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0/4.0 and a minimum ACT composite score of 25 or SAT score of 1680. DLP Fellows receive full tuition plus two on-site mentorships ($6,000 total combined, travel-related expenses) exploring service anywhere in the world.
Review of DLP applications begins December 1
Qualified students are also encouraged to apply for the Reagan Leadership Program.
Resources for Disciples Students at Eureka College
- Disciples Leadership application
- Disciples Leadership scholarships
- Religious Studies / Course Offerings at Eureka College
- Additional available denominational aid options