Disciples of Christ Students
Eureka College has a historic and enduring relationship with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The strength of the relationship is unmistakable and clearly stated in the college’s strategic goal, “Eureka College will increase the presence of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) tradition in all areas of campus life and have EC recognized as one of the top three schools affiliated with the church.”
A Few of the Many Opportunities for Discipleship at EC:
- Disciples on Campus: An active student organization for Christian friendship, spiritual growth and servant-leadership.
- Service and Mission: Local, domestic, and international spring break trips and service-learning opportunities.
- Internships: Chaplain helps students locate ministry and service positions.
- Regional, General, Ecumenical, Interfaith opportunities.
Disciples of Christ Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
- Minister Dependent Grant – Active members who are also dependents of DOC ministers.
- Leadership Grant – Active members who are youth leaders in the church beyond the congregational level.
($500 each, annual, stackable, subject to cap on total aid)
This top-tier, competitive scholarship is awarded to first-time freshmen based on leadership, academic excellence, and the commitment to explore during college a life of faith-based servant leadership. DLP Fellows receive full tuition plus two on-site mentorships ($6,000 total combined, travel-related expenses) exploring service anywhere in the world. DOC students discerning a call to ordained ministry are encouraged to apply, but all qualified DOC students with exceptional leadership and service will be equally considered. Applicants chosen as DLP Fellows demonstrate the capacity to earn and maintain a college GPA above a 3.0. Fellows may choose any Major course of study, but a Religion/Philosophy Minor is required. On campus residency is required.
Review of DLP applications begins December 1.
Qualified students are also encouraged to apply for the Reagan Leadership Program.
Resources for Disciples Students at Eureka College
- Religious Studies / Course Offerings at Eureka College
- HELM Additional available denominational aid options
- Phillips Legacy Scholarship