Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program
A truly unique scholarship opportunity, the Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program was founded by President Reagan during his first term in office. This program is one of the premier educational experiences that any student at Eureka College can have and among the most unique, innovative scholarship programs in the country. Recipients of this scholarship practice and exemplify Eureka College’s core values and commitment to learn, serve and lead.
Reagan Fellows receive:
- A four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Eureka College.
- Stipends to cover the program’s special travel and mentoring opportunities.
- Two on-site mentorships with prominent leaders. Past sites include: Switzerland, Australia, Mexico, Boston, London, Hawaii, Israel and Zimbabwe
First-year Fellows travel on fellow-only trips to domestic and international destinations. Fellows must live on campus, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and display attributes of leadership, service and active citizenship. Up to six Reagan Fellows are accepted annually and are expected to participate fully in all program activities.
Up to six Reagan Fellows are named each year, chosen for their scholarly abilities, leadership accomplishments, and commitment to service. Semifinalists are invited to campus in February for an in-person interview process that becomes a central factor in the selection process. Notification of competition winners is made four weeks following the on-campus interviews.
We will begin accepting applications for the Ronald Reagan Leadership Program on October 1. Applications should be submitted to the Eureka College Admissions Office by January 10.
- Open to incoming freshmen only
- Must submit an Application for Admission to Eureka College
- Minimum composite SAT score of 1200 or ACT score of 25
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete three 1-2 page essays (prompts provided on application)
- Request and submit three letters of recommendation, minimum of one from a current educator
Unfortunately, Eureka College cannot accommodate everyone and entrance is limited. Applicants meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply early.
To be considered as a scholarship recipient, semi-finalist must attend the on-campus competition in February.
Are you a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination? If so, you might want to look at our Disciples Leadership Program. Click Here for more information.