Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program
A truly unique scholarship opportunity, the Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program was founded by President Reagan during his first term in office. This program is one of the premier educational experiences that any student at Eureka college can have and among the most unique, innovative scholarship programs in the country. Recipients of this scholarship practice and exemplify Eureka College’s core values and commitment to learn, serve and lead.
Reagan Fellows receive:
- A four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Eureka College.
- Stipends to cover the program’s special travel and mentoring opportunities.
- Two on-site mentorships with prominent leaders. Past sites include: Switzerland, Australia, Mexico, Boston, London, Hawaii, Israel and Zimbabwe
First-year Fellow travel on fellow-only trips to domestic and international destinations. Fellows must live on campus, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and display attributes of leadership, service and active citizenship. Up to six Reagan Fellows are accepted annually and are expected to participate fully in all program activities.
Dr. Mike Thurwanger
Director, Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program
Associate Professor of Communication
Associate Dean of Students
Up to six Reagan Fellows are named each year, chosen for their scholarly abilities, leadership accomplishments, and commitment to service. Semifinalists are invited to campus in February for an in-person interview process that becomes a central factor in the selection process. Notification of competition winners is made four weeks following the on-campus interviews.
- Open to incoming freshmen only
- Minimum composite ACT score of 25 or SAT score of 1210 (1680 for old SAT score)
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the Reagan Leadership Program application by January 10
Unfortunately, Eureka College cannot accommodate everyone and entrance is limited. Applicants meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply early.
2017 Reagan Leadership Candidates
Ronald Reagan Leadership Program News Release
Eureka College is proud of you and we want to share news of your accomplishments at EC with the people in your hometown, via your hometown newspaper. We also sometimes use students’ and prospective students’ information and photos in our college publications and on social media. Consequently, the college needs complete, accurate information and your authorization. Please fill in all available information and return to the Office of Admissions. Thank you.