RONALD W. REAGAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
A truly unique scholarship opportunity, the Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Program was founded by President Reagan during his first term in office. This program is one of the premier educational experiences that any student at Eureka College can have and among the most unique, innovative scholarship programs in the country. Recipients of this scholarship practice and exemplify Eureka College’s core values and commitment to learn, serve, and lead.
Reagan Fellows receive:
- A four-year, full-tuition scholarship at Eureka College.
- Stipends to cover the program’s special travel and mentoring opportunities.
- Two on-site mentorships with prominent leaders. Past sites include: Switzerland, Australia, Mexico, Boston, London, Hawaii, Israel and Zimbabwe
First-year Fellows travel on fellow-only trips to domestic and international destinations. Fellows must live on campus, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and display attributes of leadership, service and active citizenship. Up to four Reagan Fellows are accepted annually and are expected to participate fully in all program activities.
Up to four Reagan Fellows are named each year, chosen for their leadership accomplishments and potential, scholarly abilities, and commitment to service. Semifinalists are invited to campus for one of two in-person competition events that become a central factor in the selection process. Notification of scholarship winners is made four weeks following the on-campus event that the semi-finalist attends.
Due to COVID-19 this event will be held virtually via the Zoom platform. Questions? Contact your Admissions Counselor.
Open to incoming freshmen only
Must submit an Application for Admission and be admitted to Eureka College
Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale*
Complete the two required essay prompts listed below:
1.) Describe a situation when you assumed a leadership position or role. How did you lead? What were your challenges and successes? What did you learn from it? (1000-1500 words. The essay should be 4-5 pages double spaced or 2 -3 pages single spaced.)
2.) In 100 words or less, tell us why you would like to receive the Reagan Leadership Scholarship and become a
Submit a resume along with two references.
Save the Date! Saturday, February 20, 2021 for the Virtual Ronald W. Reagan Scholarship Competition!
- Applications are due by Monday, January 25, 2021.
- RSVP for the virtual competition event no later than Tuesday, February 2, 2021. You do not need to RSVP for the Friday night Social Networking Event.
- The Friday night Social Networking Event is required for students to attend, which will be held February 19, 2021 at 6:30pm. If you cannot attend this event please contact Dianne Lerman, Director of the Reagan Leadership Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event will allow you to: network with senior leadership, meet with faculty members, speak with current EC Reagan fellows and familiarize yourself with the Zoom platform.
- View the Schedule of Events
Questions? Contact your Admissions Counselor!
Are you a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination? If so, you might want to look at our Disciples Leadership Program. Click Here for more information.
*Must have 3 years of English, Math, & Science and 1 year of Foreign Language or Arts on high school transcript.
Complete the application for the Ronald Reagan Leadership Program below. Application materials should be submitted to the Eureka College Admissions Office at email@example.com.