High school playwrights selected for Eureka College 10-minute play festival competition
Six Illinois high school students have been selected as winners in Eureka College’s Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Festival competition.
- Andrew Gray of Washington, Washington Community High School, for “Criminal Beginnings”
- Eric Reichelt of Normal, Normal Community High School, for “The Last Song”
- Jack Corkery of Villa Park, Willowbrook High School, for “Life Among the Still Lives”
- David Wood of Lincolnshire, Adlai E. Stevenson High School, for “The Dichotomy of Man”
- Aidan Murphy of Lincolnshire, Adlai E. Stevenson High School, for “Over Insured”
- Julia Barich of Shorewood, Minooka Community High School, for “Dinner Dates”
The winners’ plays will be performed by Eureka College students at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 22 and 23 in Pritchard Theatre at Eureka College. Admission is free. For tickets, call (309) 467-6363 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Students submitted original, unpublished, unproduced 10-minute plays. One winner each was chosen from the classes of 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Two winners were selected from all classes combined. The festival is co-sponsored by the Live Theatre League of the Greater Peoria Area. It is underwritten by a grant from the Russell F. & Eleanor Sikes Peters Performing Arts Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Illinois.